1) Rubber plants do not have self-support systems, you can make them stand straight by using bamboo, the growth of rubber plants is very quick. They can grow up to 24 inches in a season.
2) Generally, rubber plants do not require pruning, but you can cut above a branch node to promote branching. Wear gloves before pruning rubber plants' s broken leaves produce a milky sap that is poisonous and can harm human beings and animals. So beware of it and don't remove more than one-third of plants' branches at once.
3) Some Rubber plants eat up their soil, so keep a proper supply of the soil on top when needed, variegated rubber plants are found generally White, sometimes pink, and various shades of green. Avoid direct sunlight for these rubber plants.
4) But Maximum ficus plant needs bright indirect light, Please place it in a north-facing window. Due to the lack of enough light, rubber plants can drop their leaves.
5) Check the moisture of the soil from time to time when it is dried out the top 2-inch soil, then plants need watering. Overwatering can create a problem of soggy roots and dropping leaves, rubber plants don't love the soggy roots. These plants require a well-draining soil like cactus potting mix.
6) Some rubber plants consume their soil so add some more soil to the top whenever requires. Rubber plants need to balance moisture in the soil, if your plants are near a fan, then the soil can dry out quickly. Sometimes when you water a Rubber plant, then it absorbs water immediately and drains very fast. To solve this problem, use a blend of all-purpose potting mix. In the growing season, the soil should be moist, but excess moisture can also create a problem and reduce watering in the dormant season.
7) Sometimes rubber trees' leaves become curly it is the indication of less watering. Wipe off the leaves regularly.
8) Rubber plants are warm growing plants and need a temperature of a minimum of about 60 Fahrenheit. If the rubber plant's leaves are getting brown, it means the temperature is too high. It is a plant sunburn, Don't grow rubber plants in Southern or Western windows. These plants require less light. Lack of watering or fungus also may be the reason for Browning the house plant. For stability, rubber plants require tight rooting. So repotting is necessary. Take a container 1 inch larger in size than the older one. And repot the plant without damaging its root Ball. Set it at the same depth as it was in the early pot.
Plants are ill-famed for dropping leaves, these changes occur when their growing situations change like Inappropriate light, repotting the plant, watering issue fertilization, or temperature changes. Check what changes you have made in plants' routine. Correct it and wait for the improvement.
A healthy rubber tree plant-
To grow a healthy rubber plant needs the best care. Keep the soil moist but not too wet for active growth. Wait until the soil dries before watering the next time. Check the soil's moisture by inserting a toothpick or your finger. If it is dry, you can water the plant, or if it is weight, please wait for some days. Bright but indirect light, proper watering, and well-draining soil are the must things for every rubber plant. You can buy rubber plants online from the given link below: Ficus Elastica is the most common rubber plant in the market and one of the favorite indoor plants for everyone. You can put smaller-sized plants on your table/ seat, and the bigger one can touch your ceiling.